I’m proud to say I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Skye Gilkeson a blogger from Sydney, Australia! Skye is a journalist, personal trainer, healthy cook (she calls herself a nutrition nerd :)) and an intrepid traveller. She has this fantastic blog about healthy living/lifestyle and travelling – www.thefittraveller.com.au. I’m definitely going to try the Banana Kiwi Crush !
I can’t wait to tell you more about the Liebster Award but first things first: Skye thank you so much ! You made my day !
The Liebster Award is an award given to newbie bloggers by other bloggers. The Liebster award was created to enhance the discovery of new, upcoming bloggers and to give them a boost. A warm and uplifting gesture if you ask me !
How does it work? Once nominated you’re asked to do a small favour in return. (Now, it’s my turn to make someone happy – Isn’t that fantastic?)
- You must continue paying it forward.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. (A polite thing to do)
- Reveal 11 facts about yourself. (So people get to know you better)
- Answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you. (So people get to know you even better :))
- Now, nominate other fellow upcoming bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer.
- List ‘these rules’ in your post and inform the nominees.
11 facts about me
- The road to my heart is paved with César’s paw prints. You know, I’m just smitten !
- I love visiting culturally, vibrant cities! I love to admire the architecture of buildings and cultural heritage as such, to discover original shops (of course) and to meet interesting people. It just makes me so happy !
- But… I live in the countryside…I love the sound of the birds, the water,… and looking at flowers and trees…It’s so calming… You know, to Live in the Moment… Something I’ve learned from one of my best friends, Michèle.
- I can’t do without… my best friends, Nele and Michèle. They know and understand me so well.
- I love cooking. When I’m inviting friends I always like to try new things.
- I love books. I like sniffing around in bookshops. It’s so inspiring.
- I get tremendous satisfaction from…styling people.
- I have a penchant for Vintage.
- I have a big scar on my chest but I don’t mind at all. it’s my USP ! 🙂
- I love running. Skye is absolutely right when she says it is an incredible feeling. However, due to a car accident (someone hit my car) this is probably no longer possible. But I’m not giving up hope just yet. We’ll see how things go.
Questions Skye asked me
1/ What makes you want to jump out of the bed in the morning?
Sunrays. My dog, César.
2/ Who would you invite to a moonlight picnic?
My loved ones and my dearest friends. A simple yet very beautiful pleasure in life has to be shared…
3/ If you could help one person make a positive change, who would it be?
Anyone who wants to make a positive change in his or her life.
4/ Describe yourself in one word.
A fighter (in the figurative meaning of the word).
5/ Your dream holiday destination is…
This is a difficult one because I have actually two dream destinations.
- The fashion capital of the world, New York City ! The city where dreams are made !
- Australia… for its beauty. To watch every single night the sun go down in the sea and to see the most amazing animals – Would love to hold a Koala ! – plants and flowers. A natural paradise !
6/ iPhone or SLR?
Without any doubt a single-lens reflex camera !
7/ What do you most like writing about?
Cities I’ve been to and people I’ve asked to pose for a street style shot.
8/ If one person could read one of your posts, who would it be?
No one in particular. Anyone who reads my posts makes me happy !
9/ Where do you hope you’re sitting on this day in one year?
Interviewing Sir Edouard Vermeulen (a notable Belgian Fashion Designer) in his atelier in Brussels.
10/ What’s you biggest goal for this year?
To inspire others.
11/ If you were a colour, what would you be and why?
Pink. Because it’s the sweetest and most feminine of all colours. Luckily, it looks great on me !
I hereby nominate the following blogs for a Liebster
- Skye Serina from Mud & Bralettes !
- Noelle Hicks from The Green Eyed Venuist !
Congratulations and have fun with… the questions !
Nominees your questions are
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What’s your favourite garment and why?
- What simple pleasure in life you enjoy the most?
- What’s your biggest dream?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- Which city do you like the most and why?
- If you had a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your favourite life quote?